Air conditioning systems have come to be indispensable in the hot and muggy summers in San Antonio, Texas. However, without periodic maintenance, energy efficiency quickly declines and your AC becomes prone to inconvenient and even expensive breakdowns. The perfect time of year to service an air conditioner is in the spring, just before it will be put into heavy use to fight the summer heat.
Benefits of Spring AC Maintenance
Regular AC service is vital for keeping your HVAC system in top working condition, but it also provides a number of other important benefits:
- Reduces energy costs by increasing efficiency
- Extends the overall lifespan of the system
- Ensures the unit is operating safely
- Lowers the risk of costly breakdowns
- Helps prevent mold buildup
Air Conditioner Tuneups
The U.S. Department of Energy provides a servicing checklist that is helpful for understanding what areas need to be addressed to keep systems working efficiently. Your reliable HVAC contractor will thoroughly inspect, clean, and service all parts of your air conditioning system. General tasks that should be performed on an air conditioning unit each spring include the following:
- Checking the thermostat – A properly working thermostat ensures your home stays comfortable and energy efficient.
- Inspect electrical components – Electrical connections should be tightened, cleaned, and replaced as required.
- Lubricate moving parts – All machines with moving parts require periodic lubrication to ensure smooth operation.
- Clean the condensate drain area – A clean drain prevents water damage. If there is blockage in the drainage system mold can develop, and any overflow can lead to structural damage.
- Clean the evaporator and coils – When these parts become dirty, ice can build up, and the system loses energy efficiency.
- Check the refrigerant – Proper refrigerant levels also make your system efficient.
Air Conditioner Services
In the San Antonio area, air conditioners are a necessity and ensuring they operate properly requires annual servicing. Fortunately, AC State Air has experienced, knowledgeable technicians to take care of all your HVAC needs. For further information about maintenance plans or AC installation, repair, and service, call today at 210-653-5900.